To celebrate the launch of our new brand, OpenTable is giving away 100 dinners, in 30 cities, all on one unforgettable night. We asked a select number of participating restaurants to share responses to 10 questions about the passions we all share: food and dining.
You may know Hosea Rosenberg as the Season Five winner of Top Chef, but these days he’s busy at Boulder, Colorado’s Blackbelly. The restaurant, market and butcher shop focuses on seasonal farm-to-table fare, with a restaurant menu that showcases Blackbelly Farms’ own livestock and produce — all sustainable and organic. Here are Hosea’s 10 questions for #100opentables.
1. A meal that changed your life
Eating at Alinea restaurant in Chicago about 7 years ago — had never seen anything like it.
2. Your break-out moment (in the past or to come)
3. In good company: Your dream dinner guests
My grandparents, and other long-gone members of my family.
4. The moment that inspired your current path
In Sonoma for an heirloom tomato festival. Had a moment talking to a husband-and-wife catering team who grew everything they served. Amazing!
5. Everyone’s a critic / On getting panned
You have to have tough skin to be in this business. Where there is light there will be shadows.
6. The advice that has meant the most to you
Jacques Pepin told me to cook with my heart, not my head.
7. Last supper / desert island meal
8. The future of food is…
Back to the roots — hand made, real ingredients, from the heart.
9. How you want to be remembered
As a good chef and a great guy.
10. On what keeps you sane or drives you crazy
I just want to cook, but being a business owner means a lot more than that…