We know the guests you want: the ones that never cancel last minute, who come back again and again, and (hopefully!) spend a little bit extra on that bottle of wine. Today, we’re excited to introduce a new reservation type we’ve developed at OpenTable called Premium Access reservations, which help restaurants bring in more of the diners they love to serve.
Currently being piloted in Boston, this feature rewards OpenTable’s best diners with special access to the most in-demand reservations (think that 7:30 slot on a Saturday night). Restaurants can fill seats with frequent, high-value diners, while OpenTable users gain access to some of the city’s hottest tables using their Dining Rewards Points.
Here’s what we know about our best diners*:
- They’re more committed. These diners are 45% less likely to no-show and 9% less likely to cancel a reservation.
- They spend more. With a 17% higher check average, they aren’t holding back.
- They’re more experienced. These guests dine out seven times more often than others, at five times as many restaurants. Plus, they are 65% more likely to book out of town.
- They are more loyal. These folks are 5% more likely to repeat a restaurant they’ve visited.
*Based on OpenTable data for users with the top 20% of lifetime Dining Points accrued, versus the other 80% of OpenTable users. Spend data based on U.S. OpenTable payments-enabled transactions only.
We’re always testing new features to see how diners respond and learn how we can better help restaurants grow and thrive. If this test proves successful, we may broaden it to more markets. With Premium Access reservations, we’re excited to provide restaurants with a powerful, effortless way to attract more valuable diners and build relationships with the guests they want. See a list of participating restaurants here.